Contributor: Melanie Lippman
Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror or in pictures and think when did this happen? When you were dating you had it going on… you wore cute or dare we say sexy outfits. You had time to go shopping and may have even had some fun planning what you were gonna wear on a Saturday night. Between your family, work, and everything else you have going on you don’t have time or the “wear with all” to create an alluring outfit.
It is so important to remember who you were before all of those obligations for so many reasons… you’re mom than a mom, more than a wife… you’re a dynamic powerhouse, whether or not you feel that way at the moment.
Just in time for valentine’s day… it’s time to get some sexy back into your wardrobe.
5 ways to bring sexy back into your wardrobe…
Show off your shape
I’m not saying walk around with all your assets hanging out, but wearing figure flattering clothing is the key to enhancing your allure. It’s a common myth that wearing baggy clothing helps you look slimmer, but it’s actually the opposite. Everyone has their own unique assets, so choose the clothes that best accentuate yours. Ask yourself what you love about yourself and learn how to show it off!
- If you think your arms are sexy, fill your closet with sleeveless tops.
- If you love the way your back looks, buy some tops and dresses that have open backs.
- If your legs are your favorite body part, shorter skirts and skinny jeans are perfect for you.
Combine your casual clothing with sexier pieces
Incorporate some feel good pieces into your everyday wardrobe, so you feel great about yourself at a casual dinner and on date night. Creating a balance between flirtatious and casual in your everyday life by mixing up lengths, styles, and fits. You can wear things that drapes for a casual look combined with something tight to add a bit of appeal, or you can show off your legs with a skirt while wearing a more modest top.
- Combine a shorter skirt with a relaxed sweater or shorts with a baggy top tucked in
- Pair a low cut shirt or a tight turtleneck with a pair of wide-leg pants or a jogger.
- Throw on those jeans that accentuate your curves with a flowy top. You can also belt the top to show off your waist.
- Wear an animal print, this fun and extremely popular print shows off your wild side.
Add Romantic textures to your look
I recently wrote a post on how to create polish outfits, without looking like you’re trying to hard, if you missed it you can check it out here. A favorite way to create outfit interest is to use texture…. tweed, suede, and leather to name a few. There are a few textures that have send flirtatious messages.
- Black pants are sexier when they’re black leather or faux leather pants.
- A lace top will allow you to subtly show some skin while still looking relaxed and casual.
- Wearing a soft texture like cashmere is very appealing and makes someone want to touch you.
Wear more red
The power of red is real! It has been proven time and again in studies that there are several biological factors that actually make women appear more attractive to men when wearing red and that women perceive men as being more dominant when wearing red. So yes, wearing red will scientifically make you sexier, even if it’s something as casual as a t-shirt!
Don’t try too hard
Trying to be somebody you’re not is never a good idea, and it’s obvious to others. Instead of trying to change yourself, embrace what’s naturally appealing about you. The more comfortable you appear, the sexier you’ll look – no matter how casual your outfit is. If you’re not a dress girl, you don’t have to wear dresses to be sexy. Instead, throw on some figure flattering pants with a beautiful top, and step out with confidence.
When you’re confident and comfortable
you are attractive…
Both physically and mentally.
When you haven’t been putting so much effort into being alluring, you may feel a little silly putting in the effort at the beginning. But then it comes to self love, a little goes a long way. You have to remember who you were before all the commitments piled up and how much fun you had! It won’t happen overnight. Take your time, and know that if it’s taking longer than you expected, it will just be even more worth it in the end. Keep going and don’t give up… those around you will appreciate your effort